Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Khan Academy

I remember looking at this Khan Academy some time ago, but just went out and looked at it again. It's a HUGE series of very short tutorials on topics ranging from basic algebra to physics to astronomy to history. . .with some practical information about the current credit crisis, currency, and economics. I discovered that you can actually assign work to your students and then follow what they complete on this site. If you haven't looked at it lately, check it out! I might go back and try to re-learn algebra!

This is particularly interesting in light of the OER project. Sal Kahn has created 1000+ free videos, and he notes that he hopes to add 200+ a year and eventually have "the history of the world" out there!

Check it out at The Kahn Academy.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing isn't it! I went there last week to "learn" enough about arc sin and arc cos to help LIndsey with her homework. (All of which I have already forgotten.) I think it's a great place to send students to for extra help and lectures.

    ReplyDelete