Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Granny Cloud

I wasn't going to post today, but I did my first volunteer session with the Soles and Somes project and then I read Stephen Downes comments and links to another post on "The Granny Cloud".  Erin (daughter) and I both participated in a session this afternoon.  I'm a little uncertain myself about the whole Granny cloud thing and she is definitely not a granny, but we had a good time talking to 3 12 year olds in Bogota, Columbia today.  I'm glad we had Columbians instead of Indians as the children spoke very little English.  Both Erin and I speak a little Spanish - enough to have a getting acquainted sort of conversation.  We got a huge kick out of it and now I am thinking about how I will plan the second session next week.  I think the goal here is to get the children to speak some English.  We did some of that, but need some games or something that will encourage it.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment